The Bogleheads’ Guide to Retirement Planning
The global financial crisis, coupled with the reality of a recession and brutal bear market, has wreaked havoc on the retirement savings of millions of Americans. Add this to the fact that each year over the next twenty-five years, a growing portion of America’s population will reach retirement age—with fewer resources for them to draw from—and you can see the potential problem we face.
Fortunately, the Bogleheads—a group of like-minded individual investors who follow the general investment and business beliefs of John C. Bogle, founder and former CEO of the Vanguard Group—are here to help. With The Bogleheads’ Guide to Retirement Planning, this diverse collection of investors offer valuable advice on a wide range of retirement planning issues.
A truly group effort (no fewer than forty Bogleheads contributed in some capacity), this reliable resource is a first-rate primer on saving and investing for retirement. Divided into six comprehensive parts and filled with practical tips and anecdotes—including some pearls of wisdom from Bogle himself—The Bogleheads’ Guide to Retirement Planning:
- Explains the different types of savings accounts and retirement plans, from the individual retirement arrangement (IRA) to single-premium immediate annuities (SPIAs)
- Warns you about the types of taxes that can affect your retirement plan
- Offers insights on managing and funding your retirement accounts
- Details efficient withdrawal strategies that could help you maintain a comfortable retirement lifestyle
- Discusses the important part disability and health insurance programs play in a retirement plan
- Addresses essential estate planning and gifting issues
It’s one thing to save for retirement, but another thing to plan for it. With The Bogleheads’ Guide to Retirement Planning, you’ll discover exactly what it takes to secure your financial future, today.
Praise For The Bogleheads’ Guide to Retirement Planning
The Bogleheads have done it again! The Web’s savviest and most caring investment consortium has gathered all the information you’ll need to plot a safe and sane course toward retirement. Their camaraderie, kindness, and commonsense wisdom will steel you to ‘stay the course’ and realize your retirement dreams. With the Bogleheads, asking the audience is always the best solution.
-Don Phillips, managing director, Morningstar