RickFerri.com will not share, rent, lease, or sell your personal information (i.e. your email address, your credit card information, your name, your address, etc.) to any third party for their independent use or benefit.
RickFerri.com may collect information (such as your name, email address, etc.) from you that we need to:
- process your requests;
- provide you with consulting support;
- allow you to use the community forums and participate in comments, contests and other forum features; and
- send you newsletters and other communications such as polls, surveys, and special RickFerri.com offers.
RickFerri.com will set and access our own cookies on your computer to allow you to interact at the site. We also use web beacons to gather anonymous, aggregated statistical information (e.g. unique hits, page views, etc.) about our website traffic.
RickFerri.com may share information collected by us with third parties to help process your requests for information or products (e.g. shipping companies, credit card processors, etc.) or to provide statistical and demographic analysis to RickFerri.com to help us and our business partners provide you with better services and offerings.
Collection of Personally Identifiable Information
Many of the features of this Site are available to you without your providing personally identifiable information. Personally identifiable information generally includes information that could be used to determine your identity, such as your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, and birth date. The following are certain situations in which RickFerri.com may collect personally identifiable information from you:
- Registration for Newsletters and on-line seminars. RickFerri.com collects personally identifiable information from you if you register online for one of RickFerri.com’s newsletters, email alerts and when you attend a RickFerri.com online seminar. When you register online with RickFerri.com, RickFerri.com asks for personally identifiable information like your name, e-mail address, birth date, gender, ZIP code, occupation, industry, personal interests and other demographic information.
- Use of Forums. If you choose to transmit, submit or post information through RickFerri.com’s chat rooms, bulletin boards or other forums (the “Forums”), RickFerri.com will collect that information you provide. RickFerri.com retains this information as necessary to resolve disputes, provide customer support and troubleshoot problems as permitted by law and pursuant to RickFerri.com’s Terms of Service.
- Forms. RickFerri.com may collect personally identifiable information from you if you choose to fill out any forms, profiles, or surveys on this Site.
- Correspondence. If you send RickFerri.com personal correspondence, such as emails or letters, or if other users or third parties send RickFerri.com correspondence about your activities or postings on this Site, RickFerri.com may choose to collect such information into a file specific to you.
- Business Partners. RickFerri.com may receive your personally identifiable information from one of RickFerri.com’s business partners.
Use of Personally Identifiable Information
RickFerri.com uses or may use your personally identifiable information as follows:
- to make our site and service better and improve RickFerri.com’s marketing and promotional efforts, analyze site usage, improve RickFerri.com’s content and product offerings, and customize RickFerri.com’s content, layout, and services;
- to give you what you want and to contact you and deliver information to you that, in some cases, is targeted to your interests, such as targeted banner advertisements, administrative notices, product offerings, and communications relevant to your use of this Site;
- to fulfill your requests for certain products and services;
Disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information
The following describes some of the ways that your personally identifiable information may be disclosed in the normal scope of business:
- Advertisers. RickFerri.com may aggregate personally identifiable information and disclose such information in a non-personally identifiable manner to advertisers and other third parties for their marketing and promotional purposes. For example, RickFerri.com may aggregate personally identifiable information and disclose it to network advertisers in a non-personally identifiable manner as set forth in the section entitled “Network Advertisers,” set forth below. RickFerri.com does not disclose your information in a personally identifiable manner to such third party advertisers without your consent.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, RickFerri.com reserves the right (and you authorize RickFerri.com) to share or disclose your personally identifiable information when RickFerri.com determines, in its sole discretion, that the disclosure of your personally identifiable information is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against you if:
- you are interfering with another’s rights or property, including, without limitation, RickFerri.com’s rights or property;
- you are violating any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- necessary or required by any applicable law, rule or regulation; and/or
- requested by authorities in the event of any act of terrorism or instance of local, regional or national emergency.
RickFerri.com may generally does not allow network advertising. When there is an exception, RickFerri.com may use third-party advertising companies for marketing, advertising and promotional purposes, as well as to serve advertisements to you. Using third-party advertising companies helps us and third-party advertisers better determine which advertisements or content to serve to you. For example, the third-party advertisers may use information regarding your visits to this Site and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services, that third party advertisers believe will be of interest to you. The types of information that may be collected by third-party advertising companies include the following:
- the type of Internet browser you use;
- the type of computer operating system you use;
- the domain name of a Web site you visit, as well as information related to Web sites and Web pages you are viewing when an advertisement is requested;
- whether or not you visit specific pages of this Site or other Web sites;
- the location of your Internet service provider’s point of presence;
- the date and time of a visit to a Web site;
- search keywords passed from another server;
- the number of times you have clicked on an advertisement; and
- other interactions between you and a Web site.
Opt-Out and Changes to Personally Identifiable Information and Use Preferences
You may at any time request a copy of RickFerri.com’s record of your personally identifiable information, change your personally identifiable information or use preferences, or opt-out of RickFerri.com’s use of your personally identifiable information by contacting RickFerri.com.
Newsletters and CAN-SPAM Compliance
RickFerri.com currently does not have a newsletter. In the event this changes, RickFerri.com will sends only verified, double-opt-in e-mail newsletters, specifically requested by RickFerri.com subscribers. Subscriptions to RickFerri.com newsletters are verified by sending an e-mail confirmation to your e-mail address, which requires a positive response before an e-mail address is added to RickFerri.com’s list. RickFerri.com is fully compliant with the Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing Act of 2003. RickFerri.com is not responsible for any email communications that you may receive from third parties.
“Cookies” are alphanumeric identifiers in the form of text files that are inserted and stored by your Web browser on your computer’s hard drive. RickFerri.com, its external service providers, internal service providers, and third-party advertising companies, may set and access cookies on your computer to track and store preferential information about you. RickFerri.com, and its external service providers, internal service providers, and third-party advertising companies gather anonymous information about you through cookie technology on an aggregate level only. For example, a third-party advertising company may assign a cookie (and a Web beacon, described below) to you, to limit the amount of times you see a particular advertisement or to help better determine which advertisements to serve to you. Please note that most Internet browsers will allow you to stop cookies from being stored on your computer and to delete cookies stored on your computer.
”Web beacons”, also called single-pixels (1×1) or clear GIFs, are electronic images that allow a Web site to access cookies and help track marketing campaigns and general usage patterns of visitors to those Web sites. Web beacons can recognize certain types of information, such as cookie numbers, time and date of a page view, and a description of the page where the Web beacon is placed. No personally identifiable information about you is shared with third parties through the use of Web beacons.
- Internal use of Web beacons. RickFerri.com may use Web beacons internally to count users and recognize users through cookies. Access to cookies helps RickFerri.com personalize your experience when you visit this Site.
- Email. RickFerri.com may include Web beacons in HTML-formatted email messages that RickFerri.com or its affiliates or agents send. Including Web beacons in email messages helps RickFerri.com determine your interest in and the effectiveness of such emails.
- External use of Web beacons. RickFerri.com may also use Web beacons externally. For example, RickFerri.com may report aggregate information about RickFerri.com users, such as demographic and usage information, to its partners and other third parties. RickFerri.com may also include other company’s Web beacons within RickFerri.com.
Personally identifiable information you submit to RickFerri.com is password-protected for your privacy and security. In certain areas RickFerri.com uses industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions. In the unlikely event that an unauthorized third party compromises RickFerri.com security measures, RickFerri.com will not be responsible for any damages directly or indirectly caused by an unauthorized third party’s ability to view, use or disseminate such information.
Links to Other Web sites
Access and Use of this Site
This Site is intended to be accessed and used only by adults and is not directed to children under the age of 18. RickFerri.com does not knowingly permit registration or submission of personally identifiable information by anyone under the age of 18.
Questions or Concerns
Governing Law; Arbitration
THEREFORE, YOU DO NOT HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO GO TO COURT TO ASSERT OR DEFEND YOUR RIGHTS AND YOU GIVE UP YOUR RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN OR BRING CLASS ACTIONS. BY USING THIS SITE YOU CONSENT TO THESE RESTRICTIONS.
You and RickFerri.com shall select the arbitrator, and if you and RickFerri.com are unable to reach agreement on selection of the arbitrator within thirty (30) days after the notice of arbitration is served, then the American Arbitration Association shall select the arbitrator. The party requesting arbitration shall advance such sums as are required from time to time by the arbitrator to pay the arbitrator’s fees and costs until the prevailing party is determined or the parties have agreed in writing to an alternate allocation of fees and costs.
Judgment upon any award rendered by the arbitrator shall be final, binding and conclusive upon you and RickFerri.com and your and RickFerri.com’s respective administrators, executors, legal representatives, successors and assigns, and may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction. Notwithstanding the previous sentence, in no event shall either you or RickFerri.com be entitled to punitive, special, indirect or consequential damages and both you and RickFerri.com hereby waive your and RickFerri.com’s respective rights to any punitive, special, indirect or consequential damages, including, but not limited to, damages for any loss of profit, revenue or business.
Should a dispute arise and should the arbitration provisions herein become inapplicable or unenforceable, or in any instance of any lawsuit between you and RickFerri.com, jurisdiction over and venue of any suit shall be exclusively in the state and federal courts sitting in Williamson County, Texas.